So we watch a lot of K Dramas y’all …. A LOT of Kdramas…. at this point I’m guessing even more than most South Koreans do (I’ve found out through PAINFULLY awkward conversations; most recently where I ended up explaining what a flower boy was <cringe>)
But since our hearts and souls are founded in Kpop all of our drama conversations come back to one essential topic… WHO ARE THEY IN THE KPOP GROUP HIERARCHY?!
At the moment we are obsessed with Scarlet Heart: Ryeo
But there are so many Flower Princes in this show that we couldn’t pick just one favorite man. So we’ve decided we get a Prince Subunit! (limit 3)
Here are our choices for favorite leading men in this show. Let us know who your “SHR” dream subunit would be! #SHRSubUnit
FIRST SPOT GOES TO….
Prince #10 Wang Eun:
- The Maknae- oh little Baekhyun is fabulous as the younger brother so clearly Wang Eun is the Maknae!
- Moodmaker- Who hasn’t laughed at his playful antics and charm! He’s the member that’s just so adorable you don’t really remember if he’s the singer the dancer or what else besides just being too cute and positive.
2nd SPOT GOES TO…
Prince #8 Wang Wook!!
- The Leader – like in so many groups the leader isn’t always the oldest but the one most willing to keep the dongsaengs in line and the hyungs happy.
- Lead Vocals- I mean really some of those soulful longing looks he gives though! Only a true crooner could get away with them!
- Visual-Now Mama B has considered Kang Ha-Neul to be the Flower Boy to end all Flower Boys ever since the first time she watched Heirs; so this one was an obvious choice… That jawline though!
- Also the one you always root for to get a solo but never quite gets picked. With that being said it looks like they start fighting over the girl in the next episode so #4 Fighting!!!
FINAL SPOT IN OUR SUBUNIT GOES TO…
Prince #4 Wang So
- Lead Rapper- I mean really who else could he be? Hitting us hard with the rap lines but then unexpectedly raw, real and angsty getting us in the feels. (Cmon Oma just give the boy a hug!!)
- Lead Dancer- Those sword moves and coordination make him the ideal lead for the rest of the unit!
- Token Rebel- Every group has that member that you know just doesn’t care about the spotlight as much as the others. He just wants to sit in the corner, make music and take the eyeliner off (think Suga and Woozi).
- Basically we’ve decided that our Prince #4 is Tao in Black White. He’s left his crazy big family behind but still wants that recognition from them that he’s alive and doing well.
- And of course he’s the most famous member of the group which means he gets the girl… Everytime… No matter how douche-like he is in the beginning he always seems to come around and get you at the end!
Well that’s our SHR subunit! Let’s talk! Which Princes make your subunit list and who are they in the group!